Archives and Special Collections Roundtable
This Roundtable, re-instituted in 2004, will support and assist those within CUNY who are assigned to and responsible for Archival and Special Collections functions. Roundtable membership is open to all levels of faculty and staff. Our primary goals are:
- To provide a forum for the discussion of professional issues related to Archives and Special Collections.
- To collaborate and coordinate with our fellow members in their duties to collect, preserve, administer, and arrange archives and special collections and make them accessible to researchers.
- To ensure that curators, archivists, and librarians within CUNY are familiar with best practices as outlined by The Society of American Archivists and other professional resources.
- To share our expertise and support our members through workshops, training, and regular roundtable meetings.
- To strive to make all members of the University aware of the value of each college’s heritage and advocate for the establishment and support of Institutional Archives throughout CUNY with adherence to nationally recognized standards.
Ellen Belcher, John Jay College (firstname.lastname@example.org)
William Casari, Hostos Community College (email@example.com)